Monday, September 1, 2008

Hiking - Phoenix Moutain Preserve

You all have heard (or read) me whine recently about missing our hikes and stuff. Well, guess what? We've officially started our hikes once again....whoo hoo!!! My hiking buddy, Grover, and I decided we'd start with an easy hike and begin working our way up to the more difficult / longer hikes. We invited our coworker, Bud, to come along. We had done this trail once in the Spring time. It is a fairly easy 4-mile trail that begins at the 32nd Street & Lincoln trailhead. Well, if you remember from my previous hiking posts, Grover tends to get us lost sometimes...actually most of the time. Well, things haven't changed. He decided this time were were going to do the trail the opposite direction from the last time...BIG mistake. We wound up on the wrong trail from the beginning, and it took us a while to actually get back on the right trail, but thankfully eventually did end up on the correct one. I know, I know, you all are probably asking yourselves why I allow him to continue to lead our trails...I guess it just makes it more adventurous and it gives me more reasons to talk trash about him. :-) Which I know he likes!!! Let's hope we didn't scare Bud!! I'll keep you posted...if I don't mention Bud joining us again, then you know what happened.

1 comment: