Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fresh Salsa

My friends all enjoy my salsa very much. I haven't had a recipe I use per se, I pretty much wing it. Many of them have asked me for my recipe, so I came up with the recipe listed below.

Ingredients:
1 jalapeño (fresh)
1 whole tomato – diced (can use 8 oz can of diced tomatoes instead)
¼ small small onion
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 lemon - squeezed
½ tsp salt
1 dash cumin (not necessary, only if you’d like)
Instructions:(if you like more of any of the above, feel free to add them) 1. Cook jalapeño in water (until turns light green) 2. Chop jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic, and tomatoes in food processor (to desired consistency- may add water) 3. Combine all ingredients in bowl 4. Squeeze lemon or lime5. Add salt and cumin (to taste)



Let me know how it works for you.

No comments: