Friday, April 18, 2008

Hiking 101 (for us that is)



My buddy and I have recently taken up hiking. He's got this great book: 60 hikes within 60 miles, or something like that. Anyhow, we are determined to do all 60 hikes. Well, maybe not all 60, but at least 30. Well, that may even be a stretch, since we're fairly new at this. So, I'll just update you weekly, and let you know how it's going. Seeing as how each new trail we try, brings a new sense of adventure. First we have to familiarize ourselves with the trail, so we usually have to hike it at least 2-3 times to do that. Then familiarize ourselves with the additional trails we encounter, seeing as how we end up getting lost, hmmm I mean not lost, but maybe just a bit turned around. Whew...good thing we carry plenty of water with us! Anyhow, point I'm trying to make here, is that at this rate, it may take us a while to get through a number of those hikes. But bear with me, I will keep you posted on the progress. :-) Oh, and by the way, this is my hiking buddy, Grover.

No comments: