Sunday, April 20, 2008

Squaw Peak


This Friday we hiked at Squaw Peak for the third time. We have been hiking a trail called the Freedom Trail. It is essentially the circumference of Squaw Peak, and does include about 1/3 of the Squaw Peak Summit trail. My hiking buddy suggested that once we get to the area that connects with the Summit Trail we should hike up all the way to the top of Squaw Peak. I was not very willing to do this. By that time, we had already hiked over 3.5 miles, and I was somewhat tired. But of course he was trying to encourage me. He said, "you'll feel so proud once you're up there." I quickly responded, "I already feel proud, I don't need to feel any prouder." Yes, I know, I sounded a bit grumpy. That's exactly what he said. Actually he said I was being grouchy. Can you believe that? The nerve!!! Well, guess what? I did it. And this is what it looks like from the top. And he was right. I did feel proud! :0)

No comments: