Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mis Amigos - Los Gringos (my friends)

These are Klugs (my gringo friends). I have known them for almost 10 years. Erin and I have worked together for just as long, and well wero loco (crazy white boy) is part of her package. There's also a little werito (little white boy), but he's not in this picture. We have get-togethers with the Klugs often...either at their house, our house, or go off on some sort of adventure. A couple of months ago we went to a Mexican seafood restaurant in their neighborhood. Talk about culture shock. Not by them, but by all the Mexicanos in the place when they saw us walk in. :0) It was actually pretty funny...and the weros thought so also...that's how they roll, you know. Anyhow, as you can see I get easily distracted. Where was I? Oh yes, I was telling you about the weros...Wero is also my handy-man. I compensate him with Mexican food. :-) Erin is one of my very best friends, and I am so thankful to God for putting her and the Klugs in our lives. You'll be reading a lot more about them in the near future.

The weros love chile colorado. Sunday evening I had them over for

dinner. Along with the chile colorado I served beans and rice. Erin brought yummy mint brownies (from the Cooking Light magazine) for dessert.




No comments: