Friday, May 2, 2008

Kansas City

Sunday evening we went to Jack's Stack at The Plaza in Kansas City. Its a very well known BBQ place we frequent on every visit to KC. There are a couple different locations, one conveniently located nearby the Hyatt where we stay, and this one at The Plaza.
Grover and I dragged our coworker along. We did give her a heads up as to what we were up to :0).
Both Bonnie and I ordered the same dish, and Grover ordered one with a bit more variety.












The dish on the left is what Grover ordered and the one on the right is what I ordered. Oh my gosh, by the time we were done, I could hardly move, but of course we could not leave not one little morsel behind. I thought I was going to burst before the evening was over.

Monday
we had a reception after our sessions ended. It's an opportunity to mingle a bit, network, and visit with my peers from other states. Afterward, my peer, Debra, from Georgia and I went out for steaks to the Herford House. It was an enjoyable evening, and got an opportunity to get caught with Debra. Last time I saw her was during a meeting we had in Richmond Fall 2006.
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, and did not take pictures of the HUGE steak that I ate.

No comments: