Friday, May 30, 2008

Payson



















Today we drove up to Payson and visited a few very cool spots. First we stopped at the Knotty Pine Cafe for breakfast...very tasty. Then we went to the Tonto Natural Bridge. This place is amazing!! Truly amazing. We spent quite a bit of time there hiking and exploring God's beautiful creation. The hike down was very easy, but going through it became a little bit more challenging. I was the first to bite-the-dust there, thankfully nothing major though. :0)

Next we headed over the the Water Wheel and explored quite a bit there. Also a very nice place. You can't really tell from when you get there initially, until you begin hiking in. We visited a couple of swimming holes and just took nature in.
We had also packed a lunch, and enjoyed it while there. Both Grover and Dan (Tracy's hubby) bit-the-dust there. Tracy was the only one to leave Payson without any mishaps!! :0)

We headed back into to
wn around 4:30ish. Whew!! Thankfully we were headed the opposite direction than most of the traffic, and made it home at a descent hour.

These are definitely places I'd like to visit again, and highly recommend that you all visit.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, where is this "water wheel" hiking spot at with the swimming hole? I think Mitch and I should go there. I totally almost slid into the pool of water when I went to Tonto in October, but I made a quick save.

AZ Chica said...

hey,Aandi, I think you and Mitch should definitely go there...it is way cool.
It's off of Houston Mesa Rd. Here's an old news article I found on it: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/67865

Lylah Ledner said...

hey woman....this looks fabulous...not only the hike...but the new look! love u...