Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mi Padre

Today is my father's 60th birthday. I called him bright and early to wish him the best, and told him we'd go see him very soon. So as you can see it's a very special day today, for a number of reasons. Back in the early 2000s my father was diagnosed with cancer, but thanks to the Lord, he is still with us today. I admire him for his strength not only during that difficult time, but for everything he has had to endure. He is a man of strong character, with good morals and values who helped shape me into the person I am today. My father is a jack-of-all trades, who is more than willing to lend a helping hand to anyone that may need it. He will not let an opportunity pass by to help someone in need, and will give you the shirt off his back if necessary. The man is a magnet, who has many, many friends. Whenever there is a gathering, he is the center of entertainment with his tall tales and ongoing jokes. My son and his other grandchildren absolutely adore him, and always look forward to the opportunity to visit "grandpa". So, today I celebrate my father, and am reminded of the Lord's goodness and blessings.

No comments: